Win2k delegation behind firewall.

Wade Grant wgrant at mde.k12.ms.us
Tue Aug 22 15:49:14 UTC 2000

I have a firewall doing NAT between my WAN and Internet points.   On the
outside I have my Primary DNS with 8.2.1 with my real addresses. On the
inside I am using the 10.x.x.x network broken up into multiple B and C
networks and a 172.16.x.x. network.  At 172.16.1.2 Primary inside DNS
and at 172.16.1.1 a secondary.  My problem is that I have servers within
the 10.x.x.x network that want to  be able to dynamic the DNS within
their own subdomains with Win2k servers and use their Win2k servers for
DNS queries.  I dont want to update the outside DNS b/c of traffic
through the firewall and the NAT pool which changes the inside to
outside translation constantly(not enough real IPs to static every
machine).
Any Help would be appreciated.
Wade Grant
wgrant at mde.k12.ms.us