resolving local host names

Steve steve at stevenet.olafsolutions.com
Sun Aug 20 12:41:10 UTC 2000

You can either just add the zone for your lan names to your nameserver and
block the outside from querying it,

or add this line to your resolv.conf

hostresorder local bind

I have seen different systems where the sytanx was different
so do a "man resolv.conf" to make sure its the same.

What that does is check your /etc/hosts then use your nameserver.