CacheOnly Name server to staticaly resolve an query

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Fri Aug 18 21:13:09 UTC 2000

A *caching-only* nameserver by definition gets its DNS data dynamically from
other nameservers, so a local "override" of that data would appear to be a
contradiction in terms.

You can of course define your own master zones to "hide" data. You could even
have a master zone just for that one name. But once you define master zones,
you're technically not a "caching-only" nameserver any more.

Have you considered defining _both_ addresses for the name and then just
sorting the responses for different networks? (See "sortlist" in the
documentation).

- Kevin