phony TLD

Scott Morizot tmorizot at ccsi.com
Wed Aug 16 17:17:37 UTC 2000

On Wed, 16 Aug 2000, Christine Tran wrote:
> I didn't do this, but someone did, and it's causing trouble:
>
> zone "nutcase.biz" in {
> 	type forward;
> 	forwarders {x.y.z.z;};
> };

The above defaults to forward first, which checks the forwarders and
then tries to resolve the name if that fails.  As documented, for
the behavior you seem to want, you would use:

zone "nutcase.biz" in {
	type forward;
	forward only;
	forwarders { x.y.z.z; };
};

I'm not certain what you're trying to accomplish exactly, but
as described, the above should work.  The one server with the zone declaration
above will know to forward to the other server.

Scott