TTL MX Entry

hermann.strassner at hama.de hermann.strassner at hama.de
Wed Aug 16 11:03:45 UTC 2000

Hi!

Does it make sense to make the TTL of a MX entry smaller (eg=2E 28800 secs)=20=
and to let an other MX entry at the default (1 day)?

We have two MX entries, one pointing to our mail server and the other=20=
pointing to our ISPs mail relay as backup=2E I want to change the internal=20=
mail server so i made the TTL of this entry smaller=2E This entry=20=
disappears from time to time on a caching nameserver then reappears=20=
automatically=2E Is it right that when the TTL of the mail server with=20=
higher priority is over a mail resolver uses the other entry without=20=
asking for the mx entries again?

Hermann Stra=DFner