Cause of Error Message

SoloCDM deedsmis at aculink.net
Tue Aug 15 05:38:26 UTC 2000

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com wrote:

>         ns1.lci.net is listed as a nameserver for aculink.net but is
>         not configured as a nameserver for aculink.net.

How does that affect me and is it a benefit or hindrance?  I have
configured ns1.lci.net, ns2.lci.net, ns1.aculink.net, ns2.aculink.net
into my DNS.

renfield.net.           IN NS           ns1.aculink.net.
renfield.net.           IN NS           ns2.aculink.net.
renfield.net.           IN NS           ns1.lci.net.
renfield.net.           IN NS           ns2.lci.net.

and recently added the following lines:

cdm01.renfield.net.     IN MX           0       mail.renfield.net.
cdm01                   IN MX           0       mail.renfield.net.
cdm02.renfield.net.     IN MX           10      mail2.renfield.net.
cdm02                   IN MX           10      mail2.renfield.net.
aculink.net.            IN MX           20      mail.aculink.net.

Does the host name need to be followed by a period?