Stop named truncating

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com Mark.Andrews at nominum.com
Mon Aug 7 14:34:00 UTC 2000

> Hi all,
>
> asking the authoritive name server directly will gets the full content.
> asking the authoritive name server via another name server will truncate
> after 512 characters.

	If your authorative server isn't truncating at 512 characters
	then it is broken,  however what I expect you are seeing is
	the resolver retrying with TCP after discovering the
	truncation.

	In the second case you are talking to a server which does
	not perform TCP retries on your behalf.	 I would be upgrading
	the second server to one which does perform TCP retries.

	Mark

--
Mark Andrews, Nominum Inc.
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at nominum.com