*Theoretical* question for research

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Mon Aug 7 13:53:03 UTC 2000

Sure, you can configure any server you want on any network you want as a
root server. Ultimately, the ICANN/NSI axis has no monopoly on DNS,
however, people have overwhelmingly voted with their hints files for the
current set of root servers. If you want to challenge that _status_quo_,
you have an uphill battle.

- Kevin