RIPE WHOIS

Lawrence Chan webmaster at montevino.com
Mon Aug 7 12:34:19 UTC 2000

Hello,

We've tried to look up certain IPs from our spam mails like
'151.196.221.156' via the RIPE whois but basically it returned the
following:

netname:     IANA-BBLK
descr:       Whole Class B address space
country:     NL
admin-c:     RD132-RIPE
tech-c:      RD132-RIPE
status:      ALLOCATED UNSPECIFIED
remarks:     Country is really worldwide
remarks:     This address space is assigned at various other places in
remarks:     the world and might therefore not be in the RIPE database.
mnt-by:      RIPE-NCC-MNT
mnt-lower:   RIPE-NCC-MNT
changed:     ripe-dbm at ripe.net 20000802
source:      RIPE

Other than saying that it is an allocated B class, it doesn't really
tell you anything, does it?!  Are there other ways that we can look?

Lawrence Chan
lchan at netvigator.com