problem updating secundary zone ??

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Thu Aug 3 20:34:43 UTC 2000

    >> we are secundary name server from local NIC, my server can
    >> update all zones= =20 (edu.ni, gob.ni, org.ni, net.ni) but the
    >> zone com.ni can not update since= =20 july 29,2000, when i
    >> tried to update with named-xfer -z com.ni -f=20 com.ni.dat
    >> ns.ni i get the following error:

    >> Aug 3 10:06:03 ns named-xfer[130]: [165.98.1.2] not authoritative for=20 com.ni, S OA query got rcode 0, aa 0, ancount 1, aucount 0

    >> are there anyone restriction to my server to zone com.ni ?
    >> where is the error ?

The name server at 165.98.1.2 isn't authoritative for the com.ni
zone. This means it cannot be used for zone transfers of that zone.
There are several reasons who this server isn't authoritative for
com.ni. One is that the server wasn't configured as the master or a
slave (primary or secondary) for that zone. Another is that there was
a syntax error in the zone file for com.ni which prevented it from
being loaded successfully. Another possibility is that this server has
been unable to transfer the zone from the master server for com.ni for
too long. Ask the DNS administrator for 165.98.1.2 why it is broken.