Need to set up DNS server

Ingo T. Storm bind at computerbild.de
Thu Aug 3 08:20:38 UTC 2000

> What I'd like to know...  Is there an HTML interface to BIND so that DNS
> entries can be managed over the web?

There is one for Linux and other Unixes and -alikes, e.g. webmin.
(www.webmin.com, IIRC). There should be others, too.

But anyway, I'd seriously suggest you learn creating and maintaining the
files by hand before you use a tool. Otherwise you'd have no chance
debugging the files created automagically.

> If so, I'd imagine it's probably not available for Windows, right?

Webmin isn't, maybe others are. But here, too, I'd suggest you go with Linux
to learn, anyway. If it has to be Windows later, you could still go for MS
DNS which has a gui. And after having learnt on Linux you wouldn't be
clueless if MS DNS should get anything wrong.

Just my $0.02.

Ingo