Do I need PTR RRs?

ccantu at us.ibm.com ccantu at us.ibm.com
Wed Aug 2 22:35:28 UTC 2000

The printer has its own NIC, and there's no seperate print server because
the printer also has a hard drive for spooling jobs.  From your
description, and our printing methods, it would seem I could get away
without the PTR RR.  I might still have the DHCP server issue the PTR as
well as the A updates, but I'm a bit clearer as to what is "required" and
what is "nice to have".

Thanks.

---------------------- Forwarded by Carlos Cantu/Boulder/IBM on 08/02/2000

"Vu Pham ( Sivell )" <vu at sivell.com>@isc.org on 08/02/2000 03:45:57 PM