Running bind behind Raptor Firewall

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Aug 1 22:19:44 UTC 2000

The root NS information is bogus, obviously. Moreover, the firewall is answering
it non-authoritatively, which implies that it originates from either: a) a
root-zone master file which didn't load properly, or b) a bogus hints file. How
can the firewall be resolving Internet names when its root NS data is hosed? The
only way I think this could work is by defining "stub" zones for all of the
TLD's, e.g. "com", "org", "net", the country-code domains, etc. But this is
really ugly.

Talk to the administrator of the firewall and let them know what effects their
unusual DNS configuration is having on internal servers which rely on it.

- Kevin