need to debug "unapproved update"

BrianMichalewicz Brian.Michalewicz at thehartford.com
Tue Aug 1 10:52:56 UTC 2000

I've sniff a w2k client booting up w/ the update dns box checked in the tcp/ip connection properities and I do not see "unapproved update" against our dns server. I seen several posting to this mailing list concerning this behavior but I'm unable to create this within our lab. Does anyone have specific info as to when the w2k client will attempt to update the name space ????
                                                        Thanks,
                                                            Brian