Simple Delegation Question

Craig Mason cmason at masontechnology.com
Tue Aug 1 23:28:28 UTC 2000

I have a BIND 4.x managed domain, example.com. I'm setting up
corp.example.com as a delegated subdomain to Windows 2000 Active Directory.
example.com will not be accepting DDNS updates, so don't sweat the version.

I want to know - can systems from example.com live on subnets that also have
hosts from corp.example.com? Or is it impossible to have hosts from two
separate domains on the same subnet? (I'm thinking of PTR records problems
at this point, and who is authoritative for what?!?!)

This is to support a co-existence of a new  Windows 2000 Active Directory
systems (corp.example.com) and production existing Unix and NT systems
 example.com).

Any quips appreciated. Thanks!

... Craig

Craig Mason, MCSE, MBA
Mason Technology, Inc.
A Microsoft Certified Solutions Provider
cmason at masontechnology.com
(303) 756-3363 x5001

For additional information please see us at www.masontechnology.com