Newbie IP question !

Daniel Pope daniel-p at direct.ca
Thu Aug 31 13:03:02 UTC 2000

Last  week  when I  tried to find why my DNS ( I have a dedicated server)  worked locally and not remotely I found that
my ISP gave me only one IP address instead of 5 as promised ( no secondary IP at all).
I asked him  for my secondary IP addresses and he announced me that he gave me 4 others:
My primary (good address) is 64.232.5.110 and the 4 new addresses the provider assigned  to me are from 106-109.
The simplest way to test (ping is disallowd by my provider) was to check that if my
http server works same for the new 4 IP addresses . So I checked to see if the http://64.232.5.106  http://64.232.5.107 http://64.232.5.108 http://64.232.5.109
work as the primary one http://64.232.5.110.
None of them worked !?!  As I know from the theory I don't have to setup anything in order to make them work. This has to be done by my ISP provider.
Please, tell me if I'm wrong or should I ask my provider to fix this  situation !!!
Any hint would be greatly appreciated !