slave to slave zone transfer

Quadri, Jay Jay.Quadri at gmk.cwplc.com
Thu Aug 31 16:28:39 UTC 2000

Assume a domain called zzz.com on a remote site,  there are also subdomains
called aaa.zzz.com & bbb.zzz.com & ccc.zzz.com (slave to zzz.com) all
sitting on differ site.  The Master domain zzz.com is also a remote slave on
aaa.zzz.com, bbb.zzz.com & ccc.zzz.com.

zzz.com receive aaa.zzz.com, bbb.zzz.com & ccc.zzz.com zone files.  Thus On
zzz.com I can resolve hostnames located on aaa.zzz.com, bbb.zzz.com &
ccc.zzz.com.

As a client with bbb.zzz.com in my resolve.conf file, why can't I resolve
hosts names located on aaa.zzz.com,  I would have thought that since I set
up zzz.com to be slave on bbb.zzz.com everything would be alright.  The
zzz.com zone file itself gets transferred to bbb.zzz.com, but aaa.zzz.com, &
ccc.zzz.com. doesn't, i.e. , I can resolve ccc.zzz.com itself, but not the
hosts within it.  Can you think why the subdomain zones file doesn't get
transferred to the other subdomains.

The zone file of zzz.com contains A & NS for aaa.zzz.com, bbb.zzz.com &
ccc.zzz.com.