Classless in-addr.arpa delegation.

Igmar Palsenberg maillist at chello.nl
Thu Aug 31 10:45:02 UTC 2000

> I think I sent this to you, or I might have.  Recently I learned the
> error of my ways in doing this to a couple of zones...
>
> It turns out I gave you VERY bad advice on this.  The RFC recommended
> way (with CNAMES to a new zone) to do this is MUCH better than this way.
>
> In this configuration, your nameserver's SOA record gets cached by
> others as authoritative for the whole Class-C.
>
> I'm a moron.  :)

My ISP is a bigger one. I ask for authority transfer, they send me a bill
for this, so it's entirely their problem.

If I'm required to make changes again, I'll send them a bill. Simple. It's
their nameserver, so they should be the experts.

> Anyway, I'm glad it's working for you, but it's "bad".  You may want to
> look into this later on.

If I use the RFC way, my nameserver goes bad :((

	Regards,

		Igmar