bind vs djbdns

D. J. Bernstein 75628121832146-bind at sublist.cr.yp.to
Wed Aug 30 19:15:03 UTC 2000

Jim Reid writes:
> Please tell us where we can buy support for your DNS software.

I'm aware of two sources of commercial support. One of them recently
reported upgrading what some people would call a large site---an Oracle
database covering 300000 domains, converted into a DNS database with 350
megabytes of data, replicated across four servers, with each server
receiving 500 requests per second at busy times---from BIND to tinydns.

Companies that want to purchase this kind of support can ask for it on
the proper mailing list. Unlike you, however, I don't have a financial
interest in driving people into that situation. I want to make life easy
for the typical sysadmin who has better things to do than play with DNS.

---Dan