Reverse zone lookup

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Aug 29 22:10:08 UTC 2000

Has the C-class reverse zone been delegated to your servers, or, if you have
a smaller address range than a C-class, has *each* address been delegated to
your servers as a separate or has each address been given an alias in the
C-class zone pointing to PTR's in a zone you control (in accordance with
RFC 2317)? If the names haven't been delegated or aliased properly, then
this would explain why lookups fail.

By the way, there's no point in having multiple PTR's for the "50" address,
since nothing AFAIK looks beyond the first one in the list anyway.

- Kevin