Named Launched during nightly cleanup on freebsd.

Doug Barton Studded at gorean.org
Tue Aug 29 19:52:16 UTC 2000

On Tue, 29 Aug 2000, Klein, Christopher wrote:

> Hello, I was wondering if someone could provide some help on this.  I
> recently setup a freebsd server running the latest release of Named (bind).
> Everything worked fine when I launched the bind process from the command
> line.  However, since this is going to be a server, I needed to launch the
> named process on boot.  Yesterday, I added a line to the /etc/rc.conf

	I assume from your description that you added a command to start
named, rather than the appropriate named_enable variables. Try this:

cd /etc; grep named defaults/rc.conf >> rc.conf

then edit the values there appropriately.

	For future reference, this question would have been better
answered on freebsd-questions at freebsd.org. The rc.conf[.local] files are
sourced lots of places, which is why it tells you to only put variables in
them.

Good luck,

Doug
--
        "Live free or die"
		- State motto of my ancestral homeland, New Hampshire