DNS on NT vs. DNS on Linux

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Tue Aug 29 19:28:18 UTC 2000

On Mon, Aug 28, 2000 at 02:32:43PM -0500, Jason D. Jenkins wrote:

> well I have seen that when another admin on one of my nameservers changed
> the zone files or modified the box using linuxconf. for some reason
> linuxconf seemed to add some extra stuff to the zone files.... so check
> your zone file if you admin your system via linuxconf.

Linuxconf is evil.  It's a security hole, it makes a total mess of your
config files, and it teaches sysadmins to be morons who don't know the
inner workings of their servers.

Do yourself a favor and remove it completely from your servers.

To keep this OT, it makes a mess of nicely done named.conf files also.

(And just TRY to get RedHat to install WITHOUT it.  Can't be done.  Had
to create a script that runs after KickStart to remove that stupid
thing.)

--
Nate Duehr <nate at natetech.com>

-- Attached file included as plaintext by Listar --