DNS Problem: Any Ideas

Corey Ellis corey.m.ellis at home.com
Sun Apr 30 18:26:07 UTC 2000

I have DNS set up, and a couple of my machines can't seem to use DNS.
When I do an
nslookup from the machine, it can resolve everything fine.  When I do a
ping from the machine
using the DNS name, and that name is not in /etc/hosts, it gives me
ping: unknown hosts <hostname>.

Anyway, nslookup can find it, when I put it in the /etc/hosts file it
can find it, but when I don't do that I get a
unknown hosts error.  Oh yeah, I can ping the ip directly.  Therefore it
is an DNS problem.  Is there something
wrong with some libraries, not telling the maching to query the DNS or
something.  The machine is
not even trying to query the DNS.  Thanks in Advance

Corey