Please help!!

Fred Viles fv4 at do.whois.fv4.at.internic
Sat Apr 29 02:17:54 UTC 2000

[posted and mailed]

wgross at bigfoot.com (Wylan Gross) wrote in
<L75O4.761$Nx3.116027 at nntp3.onemain.com>:

>Please help I am using the Public DNS (GraniteCanyon) and cant
>seem to set up my dns correctly.  I own the caravantesgross.com
>domain.  The IP address for this site is 63.195.88.137.  I have
>tried everything to set the DNS correctly but cant seem to get it,
>so could some body please send me what my dns should look like
>that way all I have to do is cut and paste.   =)

Well, you have got a working zone running at GC, it just doesn't
have all the records you say you need.  Also the RP record is wrong.
Replace the RP record and the www record with the following:

caravantesgross.com. IN RP wgross.bigfoot.com. rp.caravantesgross.com.
rp.caravantesgross.com. IN TXT "Wylan Gross, wgross at jps.net"

caravantesgross.com. IN A 63.195.88.137
www.caravantesgross.com. IN CNAME caravantesgross.com.
ftp.caravantesgross.com. IN CNAME caravantesgross.com.
caravantesgross.com.   IN   MX 10 sitemail.everyone.net. ; EXTREF
webmail.caravantesgross.com.   IN   CNAME siteurl.everyone.net. ; EXTREF

The above is maximum verbosity.  Minimum verbosity would be:

@    	RP    wgross.bigfoot.com. rp
rp  	TXT   "Wylan Gross, wgross at jps.net"
@    	A     63.195.88.137
www   CNAME @
ftp   CNAME @
@    	MX 10 sitemail.everyone.net. ; EXTREF
webmail CNAME siteurl.everyone.net. ; EXTREF

>The name servers are ns1.granitecanyon.com and
>ns2.granitecanyon.com

You've got that right already.

>Please respond via email...

OK, picking at random the address below from the three choices.