8.2.2-P5 Solaris2.6 db_load problems

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Fri Apr 28 15:26:57 UTC 2000

In article <Pine.LNX.4.10.10004281040080.15006-100000 at jazz.hes.iki.fi>,
Heikki Hannikainen  <hessu at hes.iki.fi> wrote:
>  Of which quite a lot are TCP. And almost all of the TCP connections are
>to the domain port of a single DNS server which does not appear in my
>configuration. Both named and a single named-xfer make connections to that
>server, and that single named-xfer, according to it's argument list, is
>supposed to be getting a zone from a _different_ server at a different
>organisation.

Named will use TCP when performing recursive queries if the response to the
original UDP query was truncated.

I'm not sure why named-xfer is making connections to that server,
especially if its argument list contains a different master address.  Maybe
you need to use "ndc traceon" to see what's going on.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA