Total secondary transfer

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Thu Apr 27 17:21:55 UTC 2000

In article <002301bfb05a$f5c16260$081b0497 at oneonline.it>,
Francesco Amelio <frank at oneonline.it> wrote:
>Hy,
>i wanna to transfer all the zones of a primary server to a secondary server.
>It's possible for me or i must do manually the conf every zone i create on
>my primary server to my secondary server?

No.  DNS provides no way for the secondary server to ask the primary server
what all its domains are, so this can't be done automatically by BIND.  It
should be pretty easy for you to write an awk or perl script that will
create a named.conf file for the secondary server based on the contents of
the primary server's named.conf.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA