About Names??

Mark Lo markloky at netvigator.com
Thu Apr 27 14:18:44 UTC 2000

Hi,

    I would like to know that the difference between my machine name and
my hostname.  And also, if I have a machine which is called
"mark1.3dsources.com" by (using hostname command to find it out )and my
dns server is located on this machine,  as a theory, do i have to assign
my dns server name as the machine name which is called
"mark1.3dsources.com"???
 And also, how about the IP address, if my computer's IP address is
202.85.156.23 (thus, assigning the IP to the NIC), then the dns server
is in this machine, (the same as above) , my question is that does my
DNS server's IP address has to be the same as the machine's IP address
(the NIC's IP address)???

Thank you

Mark Lo