Non Authoritative Answer - Bind 8.2.2P5 on Solaris 7

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Wed Apr 26 23:52:18 UTC 2000

In article <39082535.4E4106F1 at babcockbrown.com>,
Ali Eghtessadi  <ali at babcockbrown.com> wrote:
>The log file shows the following messages. There are a couple of error
>messages. How do I set the TTL?

The critical ones are the "CNAME and OTHER data" errors; a name that has a
CNAME record cannot have other records as well -- either it's an alias or
it isn't.  As of BIND 8.2.2 they cause the server to become
non-authoritative for the domain (that's what "rejected due to errors"
means); in previous releases they were just warnings.

You set the default TTL with the $TTL directive.  This is explained on the
"Configuration file hints" page at www.isc.org, isn't it?

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA