Load Balancing Question...

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed Apr 26 20:46:03 UTC 2000

James Raftery wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 25, 2000 at 06:21:50PM -0400, Kevin Darcy wrote:
> > The long-term solution to server-side ordering and/or weighting,
> > in my opinion, is a new record type
>
> Perhaps SRV records might be what you're thinking of. See RFC 2052. That
> said, there's almost no client support for them :|

Actually, the current RFC for SRV is 2782. But that's *client-side*
ordering and/or weighting. When I say "server-side" I mean that ordinary
address records are used, but the server knows how to order and/or weight
them because of some metadata that was propagated to it all the way from
the master.

- Kevin