DNS needed to register domain...

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Tue Apr 25 21:22:40 UTC 2000

In article <Y2mN4.652$iU2.21707 at news.uswest.net>,
Scott <sadams4 at NOSPAMuswest.net> wrote:
>What's the point of this newsgroup if I can't ask dumb questions?  I will go
>out and buy that book, but in the meantime I still need help.

Newsgroups are an extremely inefficient way to learn from square one,
they're much more appropriate for asking questions to fill in small gaps.

Imagine buying a bicycle that needed to be assembled, and instead of
following the assembly instructions, posting a message to rec.bicycling
every hour asking for the next step in putting it together.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA