Question about port for NSLOOKUP

hostmaster Hostmaster at comcity.com
Mon Apr 24 21:06:00 UTC 2000

Hi.
I've been using Bind for NT for about 5 years now and use to participate in
this list but lost track of it for awhile.

I have a question I hope someone could help me with.  I'm trying to block
"unused" tcp/ip ports on a server.  I'm able to successfully do that and
leave port 53 open for DNS.  However, it appears that nslookup stops working
and can't find the "default" nameserver.

Question:  What TCP/IP or UDP port does NSLOOKUP need to operate on besides
port 53?  Does anyone know that.

Thank You very much.
Michael Barber
ComCity Corporation
6690 Amador Plaza Rd., Suite 115
Dublin CA
925-556-6940
Fax: 925-556-6945

DISCLAIMER:  This e-mail contains proprietary information some or all of
which may be legally priviledged.  It is for the intended recipient(s) only.
If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please
notify the author by replying to this e-mail.  If you are not the intended
recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, or reply on
this e-mail.