nslint - how to ignore an entry?

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Mon Apr 24 17:40:13 UTC 2000

In article <38FFDF7E.4B48D8D4 at ucy.ac.cy>,
Yiannos Pitas  <yiannos at ucy.ac.cy> wrote:
>Nslint can accepts an extra nslint.[boot/conf] file (compare to the
>standard
>BIND named.[boot/conf] file) using the -B command line  parameter to
>relax
>certain requirements.  Read the man page for more info.

What good is this advice?  He's not running nslint himself, Granite Canyon
is running it automatically?

>Stephen Kirkham wrote:
>>
>> I'm a newbie using Public DNS (soa.granitecanyon.com).  They use nslint
>> to check the zone file entries (RP).  The problem is, nslint keeps
>> telling me I can't do something (more than one IN  A  for one IP) but I
>> HAVE to do it because of a re-write rule I'm using on my server.  How
>> the heck do I get nslint to NOT CHECK certain entries?  Thanks!

Have you checked GC's FAQ?  They describe all the comments you can put in a
db file to control its warnings.

However, many people have posted db files that they've submitted to GC that
have multiple A records pointing to the same IP, and I've never heard that
nslint rejects them.  Are you sure that's the problem?  If you can't find
the answer in the FAQ, please post the complete zone file and the *exact*
error message you got.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA