DNS-newbie question...

Albert Meyer dont at spam.me
Wed Apr 19 21:24:59 UTC 2000

This is something you would do on the web-server. A complete discussion of
the mechanism would be off-topic (and I'm not a web-server expert anyway),
but you can either use an ip address per domain, in which case each DNS
record would point to the appropriate IP(1), or use "virtual" domains to put
multiple domains on a single IP, in which case all of the DNS records would
point to the same IP and the web server would sort them out(2).

(1)
www.dir1.com    A    127.0.0.1
www.dir2.com    A    127.0.0.2

(2)