Reverse lookup problem

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed Apr 19 21:03:37 UTC 2000

Do "dig 244.17.198.in-addr.arpa ns" to see what 3 nameservers the zone has been
delegated to. arcux.arc.com and home.arc.com can't even be resolved into addresses.
As for the third server -- dnsprimary1.clark.net -- it appears to have no knowledge
of 17.198.in-addr.arpa and times out queries for 244.17.198.in-addr.arpa, so it's
basically useless. Your reverse domain is therefore unreachable. Tell your provider
to fix the delegations.

- Kevin