Many SOA's, one zone ?

Mark E. Drummond drummond-m at rmc.ca
Wed Apr 19 16:20:13 UTC 2000

Hi all. I am looking for some verification. Let's say I have 2 domains
under my control, a.com and b.com. I want to set up DNS so that the 2
domains are identical, except for the domainname of course. That is,
foo.a.com and foo.b.com should be the same machine, with the same IP
address. Can I do this just by using 2 zone files, with appropriate SOA
records, the simply INCLUDE a common third file containing _unqualified_
hostnames? The logic seems right to me but I am certaining not a DNS
wizard.

Mark Drummond|ICQ#19153754|mailto:mark.drummond at rmc.ca
UNIX System Administrator|Royal Military College of Canada
The Kingston Linux Users Group|http://signals.rmc.ca/klug/
Saving the World ... One CPU at a Time