core

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Apr 18 21:20:32 UTC 2000

Tony Earnshaw wrote:

> Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
>
> > > would like to ask on how to view a core file of named?
>
> > % man gdb
>
> Not necessarily. On SCO (OpenServer, UnixWare), Solaris and other
> 'proper' Unices no doubt, the standard is 'crash'.

"crash" examines kernel dumps or a running kernel. I doubt it would help
much with a "named" core file. "Proper" Unices typically ship with
"adb", at the very least. If you buy a C compiler, you'll usually get
"dbx" as well. Does "sdb" still exist, does anyone know? That used to be
my debugger of choice, back in my SysVr3 days...

- Kevin