DNS running on a IP alias doesn't work!! Please help!

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Tue Apr 18 19:44:11 UTC 2000

In article <38FCA713.2AB7311D at gmx.ch>, Didi  <emailtodidi at gmx.ch> wrote:
>Hello again
>On my AIX 4.3.1 BIND 4.9.3 is running.... Well it seems,
>that BIND 8 works fine on IP aliases and BIND 4.9.3 doesn't!
>Is there anybody, who have BIND 4.9.3 definded on a alias IP-Adress
>and it works fine?  Do you know something more about this problem?
>Thanks again for your help and have a good time!

The methods for finding all the IP aliases differ from OS to OS.  4.9.3 was
the first version that tried, and it probably didn't know how to do it on
AIX.

Why don't you take the hint and upgrade?  There's no excuse for continuing
to run 4.9.3.  If you don't want to convert your files, upgrade to 4.9.7,
since it uses the same named.boot syntax.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA