no NS RRs found at zone top

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com Mark.Andrews at nominum.com
Tue Apr 18 13:26:24 UTC 2000

	Firstly.  Don't munge error messages, doing so may loose crucial
	information.

	It looks like the contents of host_name/rev are those of the forward
	zone or at least you have a "$ORIGIN host_name.com" at the start.
	In general there is no need to have "$ORIGIN" declarations, all
	zone have a implied "$ORIGIN" from named.{conf,boot}.

	The error messages indicate that the nameserver found
		"host_name.com. IN SOA ..."
	when it expected
		"111.222.333.in-addr.arpa. IN SOA ..."

	Mark