Virtual naming

Thor Kottelin thor at anta.net
Tue Apr 18 08:28:31 UTC 2000

BIND Users Mailing List wrote:

> From: Carl Bromley <carl at kittanning.com>

> I need to set up virtual domain accounts, an example would be
> runningsports.com and different sports would be subdomains, different
> teams would be sub-subdomains.  Is that possible using BIND?

> soccer.runningsports.com
> rangers.soccer.runningsports.com

I don't know what you mean by "virtual". The examples above are perfectly
legal domain names; BIND will happily allow you to use them.

> (author is not part of runningsports, nor does he know if such a domain
> exists)

Then it would be a good idea to use example domains as advised in RFC
2606.

> I've heard that PCAnywhere is a good
> tool.  Comments?

None.

Thor

--
Plain old email is very insecure. Please make it
a little safer for yourself and me by using PGP.