Split DNS setup

Jeff Kennedy jkennedy at amcc.com
Mon Apr 17 22:15:21 UTC 2000

Greetings all,

I don't know if that's even the correct description for what I want

My setup is the following:

2 ISP's - AT&T and Sprint.  All dns is done in-house (locally).

One primary dns server on AT&T network (firewall) and one slave internal
on AT&T
All servers on Sprint point to primary for dns (so they go across the
internet for dns lookups and resolution).
I have only one zone for the domain (both networks are under
mydomain.com)

I want to have a slave on Sprint that only broadcasts the servers on
Sprint.  I have the cricket book, 3rd edition, but am not sure what I'm
looking for.

Here is my best guess at the moment:

I need to setup a slave on the Sprint network and restrict zone
transfers for this machine on the primary to just the files I want it to
broadcast.  But if I have only one zone how do I restrict part of a
zone?  I know this is not the ideal setup but for now I have to deal
with it.

Eventually I would like to move the primary server internal and have a
slave on the dmz and Sprint that only broadcast a limited name space.

Thanks.

--

Jeff Kennedy
jkennedy at amcc.com