[ADMIN] Missing posts (was Re: upgrade 6.1 to 6.2)

Ruth Anne Ladue bind-users-admins at isc.org
Mon Apr 17 21:42:48 UTC 2000

On Mon, 17 Apr 2000, Barry Margolin wrote:

> My NNTP server as well.  For the last few weeks I've noticed missing
> original questions quite frequently.  I'm guessing they were sent to the
> mailing list; could there be a problem with the mail->news gateway?

I'm looking into this... The messages in question was indeed posted
through the mailing list. It shows up on the ISC newsserver but not in
Deja yet. I'm checking it out on my offsite newsserver, but because of
how that newsserver works, it will probably take a couple of hours for
the most recent batch to show up.

I've noticed that, in general, newsgroup posts are being dropped all
over the place, including Deja. It's been quite significant in many of
the newsgroups I read.

--Ruth Anne
Ruth Anne Ladue                   bind-users-admins at isc.org
List Administrator, bind-users    Moderator, comp.protocols.dns.bind