NT vs. Unix DNS

peter at icke-reklam.manet.dot..nu peter at icke-reklam.manet.dot..nu
Mon Apr 17 19:05:13 UTC 2000

Ryan Linwood <rlinwood at designstein.com> wrote:
> Hi all.

> The web design company I work at currently runs Unix DNS and we run NT for
> just about everything else.
> They would like to convert to NT DNS.  I know of many companies that are in
> a similar situation where everything is on NT but DNS is on Unix.    I've
> tried to research this on the web and have found very little info.  Are
> there some major advantages of UNIX DNS?

One reason was posted in this group today, he run DNS on NT on
searched for *any* mean of reloading a remote machine

He actually wanted "just like telnet on unix".

Another reason might be stabilty and reliability, which is common
with un*x systems of almost any kind.

> Thanks for your time,
> -Ryan

Peter Håkanson
        Manet Networking      (At the Riverside of Gothenburg, home of Volvo)
echo "peter (at) manet (dot) nu" | sed "s/(at)/@/g " | sed "s/(dot)/\./g"|sed "s/ //g"