BIND 4.9.7 reload command

Ingo T. Storm it at computerbild.de
Mon Apr 17 18:27:31 UTC 2000

> I am running Bind 4.97 for my prim and sec. DNSs under NT.

>I am aware of BIND is installed
> as a service so I can use NET STOP and NET START commands.

a. If you get BIND/NT from Larry, you will find a tool called NDC in
the distribution. It can send ndc commands (reload, restart, querylof,
etc) to remote machines, too.

b. In the NT Resource Kit there is a tool called NETSVC that let's you
start/stop services remotely.

c. In the same resource kit there is a service called "RCONSOLE" with
a client called RCLIENT. Works "almost like" telnet.

BUT ANYWAY (and to get back on topic): You should seriously consider
switching to BIND 8.2.2 either on Unix, or, if it has to be, on NT.

Good luck.

Ingo