Verification of Installation

Kyndig kyndig at infoave.net
Sun Apr 16 18:41:08 UTC 2000

Greetings all,

Having a problem with the internic recognizing my Nameserver. I am
running
off of 1 IP currently. Thus my nameserver, and the 2 domain names are
being
binded under this one program. Below are the files which I set up...I
believe
all is in order...everything works perfectly...yet when I do a whois or
nslookup for ns.mudmagi.com I continously get the wrong IP number. I
have sent
several modification changes to the Internic for this Domain
Name..pointing to
the proper IP adress for the NameServer..yet it isn't taking affect. I'm

wondering if there is a problem on my end which is preventing it. Here
is the
data:

The name is:  mudmagic.com the IP adress is: 207.144.236.186

My named.conf file:
options {
directory "/var/named";
transfer-format one-answer;
allow-query {any;};
recursion yes;
cleaning-interval 60;
interface-interval 60;
statistics-interval 60;
query-source port 53;
};
zone "." {
type hint;
file "named.ca";
};
zone "mudmagic.com."{
type master;
file "mudmagic.com";
};
zone "kyndig.com."{
type master;
file "kyndig.com";
};
zone "0.0.127.in-addr.arpa"{
type master;
file "named.local";
};
logging
{
channel default_log
{
file "/home/kyndig/logs/named.log";
severity info;
print-time yes;                 // timestamp log entries
print-category yes;             // print category name
print-severity yes;             // print severity level
};

category default { default_log; };
category lame-servers { null; };
category cname { null; };
category response-checks { null; };
};

This is the mudmagic.com file:
$TTL 86400
@               IN      SOA     ns.mudmagic.com.
root.mudmagic.com. (
2000041302 ; serial
14400 ; refresh
7200 ; retry
5184000 ; expire
3600 ; default_ttl
)

IN      A       207.144.236.186
IN      NS      ns.mudmagic.com.
IN      MX      10 mudmagic.com.
@               IN      TXT     "Mud Magic Game Station"
ns.mudmagic.com.        IN      A       207.144.236.186
www.mudmagic.com.       CNAME   mudmagic.com.
ftp.mudmagic.com.       CNAME   mudmagic.com.
kyndig.mudmagic.com.    CNAME   mudmagic.com.
lair.mudmagic.com.      CNAME   mudmagic.com.

and finally the named.local file:
$TTL 86400
@               IN      SOA     mudmagic.com.   root.mudmagic.com. (
200009203 ; serial
28800 ; refresh
7200 ; retry
604800 ; expire
86400 ; default_ttl
)
@               IN      NS      mudmagic.com.
1               IN      PTR     localhost.

Thankyou group for any pointers,

Kyndig