Question regarding a domain

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven asmodai at bart.nl
Thu Apr 13 12:15:40 UTC 2000

Hi guys,

I got this really weird problem I cannot pinpoint what is wrong and
where.

The domain involved is domitel.org.

According to the whois databases the nameservers are:

	- ns.bart.nl
	- ns.bart.net

which are `my'/out nameservers.

Furthermore, this is the content of the zonefile on the primary:

$TTL 86400

@                       IN      SOA     ns.bart.nl. hostmaster.bart.nl. (
                        2000041300      ;serial, CHANGE WHEN YOU UPDATE!
                        28800           ;refresh (8 hrs)
                        7200            ;retry (2 hrs)
                        604800          ;expire (1 wk)
                        86400)          ;min ttl (1 day)

                        IN      NS      ns.bart.nl.
                        IN      NS      ns.bart.net.

                        IN      MX      100     mailhub.bart.nl.
                        IN      MX      110     fallback1.bart.nl.
                        IN      MX      120     fallback2.bart.nl.

; hosts
www                     IN      A       194.158.166.12

Both nameservers run 8.2.2-p5 on FreeBSD and have been completely
stopped and started again.  Secondary nameservers has had its xfer'd
file removed and restarted.

Serials have been increased.

Yet we continue to get this from some nameservers:

www.domitel.org.        23h57m40s IN A  194.158.166.12

But it doesn't happen on some nameservers.  I am totally flabbergasted
and would appreciate ideas since all digs indicate we run authoratative.

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven          Network- and systemadministrator
<asmodai at bart.nl>                      VIA NET.WORKS The Netherlands