DNS and Virtual Domains

Karina Gómez Salgado kgs at acabtu.com.mx
Wed Apr 12 19:21:28 UTC 2000

Hi,  I have 2 SGI with Bind, each one with a different domain, that's
it... one has the domain one.com.mx and the other, the domain two.com.mx
. These computers use the same IP C Class (obviously different address).
These SGI have Apache 1.3.12 installed with these domains as apache
virtual domains , because they share it's own ip address with more
domains.

So, this is the graphical explanation:

SGI
1
SGI 2

Domain: one.com.mx                                               Domain:
two.com.mx
IP Address AAA.BBB.CCC.194                            IP Address
AAA.BBB.CCC.90
Apache 1.3.9  Virtual Hosts                                    Apache
1.3.12 Virtual Hosts
over AAA.BBB.CCC.194 :                                    over
AAA.BBB.CCC.90:
one.com.mx
two.com.mx
a.com.mx
hello.com.mx
b.com.mx
new.com.mx

Now, when i make an nslookup for one.com.mx , this domain has the two
name servers, sgi1.one.com.mx and sgi2.two.com.mx (but i didn't setup
that), and when i make an nslookup for two.com.mx , this domain has only
one name server: sgi2.two.com.mx.

Now, the big problem is that from sgi2 frequently i can't reach the
alias www.one.com.mx, but i can reach one.com.mx.
If i restart the name server (of any one of the two sgi's) YES i can
reach www.one.com.mx, but a few minutes ago, i can't get it again.

But the problem is not at the inverse, because it seems that from the
sgi1.one.com.mx the alias www.two.com.mx can always be reached.

PLEASE I need help!, because i've checked the setup many times, and i
don't know what is wrong!.

Karina

--
Karina Gómez Salgado