configuration not loading...won't respond to local queries

Hugh Lewis hlewis at master.roundtuit.com
Wed Apr 12 00:05:56 UTC 2000

Well, I'm running 8.2.2-P5 on a RedHat Linx 6.1 box. I've migrated up
my box over the years and kept bind fairly current.

After upgrading to RH6.1, I couldn't get BIND to respond to any
"local" queries - queries from within my domain.

I've updated to P5, added the TTL config to the zone files and, still
have the same problem. A status reports:
[root at master named]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/named status
named 8.2.2-P5 Thu Mar 30 19:23:13 CST 2000
hlewis at master.roundtuit.com:/usr/local/bind/src/bin/named
number of zones allocated: 64
debug level: 0
xfers running: 0
xfers deferred: 0
soa queries in progress: 0
query logging is OFF
server is DONE priming
server IS NOT loading its configuration

The domain is roundtuit.com There are no subdomains but I am hosting
a number of other domains - all which have CNAME entries back to my
webserver - fairly standard ISP type setup for virtual webservers,
mail servers, etc.

Needless to say the response time is very poor and I'm having to hit
my backup servers - upstream - to resolve anything.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
Hugh
Hugh Lewis
Lewis Enterprises                      615.941.3083
213 Sugarberry Court               http://www.roundtuit.com
Nashville, TN 37211                  hlewis at roundtuit.com