Ancient BIND version?

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Tue Apr 11 23:05:15 UTC 2000

    Karma> I'm unable to determine the version of BIND running on one
    Karma> of my servers.  Here's the output from the "what
    Karma> /usr/etc/bind" command:

	.... details of ancient code relics snipped ....

    Karma> Does anyone have any idea where I can find this info?

Did you think of asking the vendor who supplied the software? [Well I
suppose Sun don't support the ancient code from SunOS any more....]
As a general rule of thumb, if you're running whatever name server
code was shipped with the OS, it's badly out of date. The Open Source
Unix releases shouldn't be too far behind the current BIND release,
but even they can have logistical problems getting the release cycles
and distributions to coincide.