Logging with HUP not working?

Patrick Hull nethead at ti.com
Tue Apr 11 21:21:20 UTC 2000

the behavior of log rolling using "versions" and "size" was apparently changed
sometime between 8.1.2 and 8.2.2.  Previously with 8.1.2 you *had* to do an
ndc reload/restart to get the log to roll versions, and the only effect of the
"size" statement was to stop logging once the log file reached the specified
size.  In 8.2.2 it seems to work more logically - you will need to use both
"versions" and "size" to get it to roll.  It will no longer roll on an ndc
reload/restart/reconfig - it will roll when it hits the size threshold.  At
least that is the way it appears to be working to me.  I actually prefer the
current approach over the old one.  I believe this change was "loosely"
documented in one of the release notes.
-pat.

--

 Patrick Hull (972) 927-8011