8.2.1 sometimes stops resolving Inet addrs, help?

Anthony Golia Anthony.Golia at msdw.com
Tue Apr 11 15:49:31 UTC 2000

Hi.

I'm running Bind 8.2.1 over Solaris 2.5.1 with:

.
.
.
forwarders {
                199.89.110.57;
                199.89.99.57;
        };
        forward only;
.
.
.

and it sometimes stops resolving Internet addrs.  snoop on the
199.89.x.x DNS servers shows they're receiving the queries and sending
back responses.  named.run (after I put it in debug mode) shows my
broken DNS server is forwarding to the first forwarder in the list,
timing out, then forwarding to the second on e in the list.  If I kill
-HUP `cat /etc/named.pid` everything works again.  I know I should
upgrade to 8.2.2-p5 but is this a known bug, would that really fix it?

Any help is appreciated.

--
Anthony